Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Joy of Knitting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I lost the joy this past month. A doofus ran a red light and smacked into our Jeep. My husband was driving; our eldest daughter was in the front passenger seat. Both are okay more or less, thank God.

The Jeep is totaled. We are not car fanatics but we loved that Jeep. It had taken good care of us on Wyoming rez roads and in the Wisconsin snow. It felt like the car had given its life for us in this accident.

I was kind of totaled myself. Besides being a really close call, this accident dredged up my mom's death in a car crash 15 years ago. Add to that an insurance adjustor who enjoyed her job waaay too much and the illogic of liability and not much knitting got done. Not much cooking or housecleaning or anything much at all got done these past three weeks.

The dust has settled. My husband's shoulder is doing better. The daily routine of the household has been re-established.

And then a couple of days ago I took up the knitting needles again in earnest. This photo is a sleeve of my Lucie sweater. The colors are joy.

Knitting is joy.

No comments: