Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Past The Half-Way Mark

Panel #15 of Lizard Ridge - complete! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There's Kureyon for five or six more, which means I have a bit of a supply prob. I live in rural Wisconsin, near the physical plant for the kitschy http://www.herrschners.com. Picture fluorescent lighting, aluminum and particle board display cases, a non-knitting staff and a long walk through aisles of horrible counted cross stitch kits to a seemingly endless array of acrylic yarn. The shop has a small selection of Kureyon and other quality stuff.

Over half of the Kureyon for this project comes from online vendors. It's frustrating that some list items as in-stock when, in fact, they are not.

Hmmm, a shopping trip to Madison, perhaps?

3 comments:

Marti said...

The Lizard Ridge is looking great, but what really made me stop to comment is your beagle! I came across your blog for the first time today and am completely captivated by your adorable beagle. I used to have a beagle, and my mother currently has two - they've always been my favorite dogs. There is just something a beagle that is just too adorable for words. I'm currently a dog mom to an enormous muttsky and two cats, but someday I would like another beagle :)

doxie said...

Hmm, close to Herrschners....I know all to well that environment for yarn selection. I am in St. Pt. and feel your pain. Also enjoyed reading your blog. Have you tried the Troll's Cove in Waupaca? Nice little store. Also, the Black Purl in Wausau. Both carry Kureyon, and much more!

imadethis said...

Just wanted to say how much I admire Lizard Ridge. It's shaping up very nicely, indeed!