Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Getting Seamy

Twenty-four panels of Lizard Ridge - complete! Now to sew them together, 6 panels long, 4 panels wide. My daughters and I laid them out, this way and that way. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is what we decided on. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The chewed ends of the cardboard box are the work of our elder cat Sally. She's learned that if she chews paper, she gets on my husband's nerves. Yep, when you open the Psych 101 textbook to Negative Attention, you get a photo of Sally chewing paper. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The turquoise wool is for the border. This afghan is for my older daughter so I asked her to decide. At first, she thought brown. Then she went for turquoise. Turquoise really does something for all those magnificent Noro Kureyon colors.

On the bottom left of the photo, you can just see a corner of my fabric stash. That divine rose print? Just Moygashel linen, circa 1962, that's all.

But that linen is for later. For now, let the seaming of Lizard Ridge begin!

1 comment:

MollyBeees said...

Hi Helen, Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I love your blog and your beagle! A friend from work just adopted a 4 mo. old beagle named Lucy and she is just the cutest. Your part of the state reminds me of my home state of Maine. We go see the inlaws in Marshfield quite often. Thanks again for visiting my blog. I'll be back to check yours out and see how your gorgeous lizard blocks come together!