Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Oh, The Places We'll Go

Take 1: Back of the Tahoe cardigan. Less than three seconds on the table and along comes the cat.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Let's try again, this time to show the drapey quality of the Debbie Bliss Cathay knit on #9s. Lots of stockinette but very fluid stockinette.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm picturing this cardigan completed, photographed against a lilac bush in full bloom, a soft, lilac-scented breeze ruffling the sweater and the hum of bees loud in the garden. I'm picturing the cardigan on me, Prince Edward Island, this summer, strolling with me on the beach, draped over the back of my chair as I dip a lobster claw in drawn butter. Touring East Coast colleges with my older daughter. Stopping for cherry pie in Traverse City, Michigan on the drive home.

In the meantime, I'm half-way up the left front of the cardigan, thanks to those #9 needles. When winter melts away, I'll be out in the garden, draping a cardigan over a lilac bush and dodging bees.

1 comment:

Carol said...

You know, I really like the cat shot. But I'm a sucker for a cute kitty.

I've been sorely tempted to buy a sweater's worth of Cathay but know it is madness right now. It looks lovely.