Saturday, April 07, 2007

Progress

Things are moving along. Tom and I sold our book about some of his field-work on the Wind River rez. We are both very proud of the manuscript. It's is due September 1, which is no problem since it's 95% complete.

Here's something that's 100% complete, as of this morning:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My daughter Cleo is the model. The Lizard Ridge afghan is for her sister who is out grocery shopping with her dad. When it's Cleo's turn to go off to college, she'll have her own. Want more photos?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I absolutely love this afghan. I loved making it, loved the excuse to buy so many different skeins of Noro Kureyon. For the same money, I could have bought a Pendleton blanket, which I collect. Know what? Lizard Ridge is even prettier.

3 comments:

Bets said...

Your Lizard Ridge is gorgeous! The turquoise does look lovely, what stitch did you do, and how many rows? Lucky daughter :)

imadethis said...

Oh my gosh. Lizard Ridge has turned out beautifully! I love the colours and you've matched up the squares so nicely. GREAT JOB! You should be very proud.
Happy Easter!

Amanda said...

Wow! That is one pretty blanket. I can just imagine how cozy taking a nap with it would be. I am jealous of your daughter !