Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Knitting in a Quiet Corner

It's hard work staying on a farm for a weekend. Suzy is recuperating.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We spent the weekend in Iowa. An elderly relative in Iowa needed us at the last minute so we made the 7-hour drive. Observations:
1. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency makes a fine audiobook.
2. Quizno's makes a fine raspberry-chipotle chopped salad.
3. My daughters no longer find an ordinary hotel pool glamorous.

While Tom and our daughters helped the relative sort through a mountain of mementos, I knit. It is better for an in-law like myself to stay far away from divying up booty. Anyway, I definitely had more fun than anyone else.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket It's Cable Pullover from Louisa Harding's Modern Classics. The yarn is Black Water Abbey's worsted Irish wool in a tourmaline pink called (I think) Mountain. A single cable runs up the front from the bottom ribbing to the ribbing in the turtle neck. It's simple, dramatic, and fun to knit.

I did have a nice surprise. A branch of a fabric store was going out of business, which is always sad. Everything was 70% off with an extra 10% off if you bought whatever was left on the bolt. The sale had been going on for some days and the first impression was one of dirty linoleum and store fixtures. Still, there was some fabric left. Look what I got for about $100.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

vtwopoint5 said...

I like the picture of your beagle. I started reading your blog when I came across the title. I have two beagles that I love and I knit :)

vtwopoint5 said...

Thanks for the compliments! My beagles are my babies. Maybe the quiz is all knowing! :)