Monday, June 18, 2007

"I Was for the Belle Époque!"

Knitting away on the Edwardian-inspired Shaped Lace Tee, I kept thinking of Diana Vreeland's wrongheaded take on Emma Pankhurst.


75% of what Diana Vreeland said in her lifetime was tommyrot but oh, the way she said it!

Here's the Shaped Lace Tee all blocked and ready to be seamed.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There are two simple lace patterns.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I recommend basting the sleeves in before seaming. There's the tiniest bit of fullness to gather in at the cap. The neckline gets a row of single crochet for a finish.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here's my daughter wearing the finished sweater knit for her in the 33.5" size:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pattern: Shaped Lace Tee from Knitting Lingerie Style by Joan McGowan-Michael. The pattern was clearly-written and simple, although the finished sweater gives big bang for the small effort.
Yarn: White Lies' Joy 100% merino in Shell Pink, 4 1/2 skeins. Beautiful yarn, whisper soft to the touch.
Needles: 7 and 5 (for waist-shaping)

The design, the yarn, and the fit all came together to make this one very happy knit.

And now I must away. I've got a copyedited manuscript that needs my undivided attention. I'll see you back here in a bit.

1 comment:

Marti's Mom said...

The sweater is beautiful and so is your daughter.