Sunday, June 17, 2007

In Which I Rock His Socks

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I wanted:
- to understand why the hell anyone would knit socks
- to see if I could pull off a pair that fit
- to knit something for my husband's Father's Day gift

What I really, really wanted:
- to buy a skein of Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Socks That Rock

What I did:
- Socks That Rock Superwash Merino, Lightweight
- Colorway: G-Rocks
- Needles: four #2 dpns
- Looked at an old Coats and Clark booklet for their "Teen Socks" pattern, looked at a sock that belongs to Tom
- Went with cast-on of 60 stitches, 7" of k2, p2 ribbing followed by 2" stockinette, then the heel

What I got:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Check the heel:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I call that sock rockage. Sock knitters, I get it now.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Love your blog Helen! GREAT looking socks (I love STR too). Hey, where did you get the Blackwater yarn? I know it's listed for several of the patterns in Folk Shawls, but I haven't been able to find the yarn anywhere.