Monday, July 30, 2007

Which Comes First: The Yarn or The Project?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On our road trip this past month, we spent a little time in Bennington, Vermont. It was hot; we'd been driving all day.

"Instead of checking in to the motel right away, let's walk down their Main Street first to stretch our legs," I said.

I swear I didn't know The Naked Sheep, yarn store extraordinaire, was there. But thar she was - air-conditioned, even. Can you believe my crew opted to slip off next door to the bookstore while I fondled yarn?

While I bought yarn. Sock yarn. The Naked Sheep had a scrumptious selection.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I almost always start with the yarn. The pattern comes later. I shop for groceries the same way. I see what looks good at the grocery store and go from there.

At the bookstore next to The Naked Sheep, my anthropologist husband bought me a present. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What a lovely town Bennington is to visit, even if The Naked Sheep was in the process of converting to online business only. There's the Bennington Pottery. Up the hill, the museum has a nice collection of Grandma Moses paintings. And in the shade-dappled cemetery of an old church, lies Robert Frost.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"I had a lover's quarrel with the world," his epitath reads.

No comments: