Saturday, August 25, 2007

Basement Tomorrow

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We're moving to the much larger town of Madison. When you own a house, there are always things to be done. When you're getting ready to not own that house anymore, the list suddenly gets even longer.

Today's task: do something about the front entry. Since I was not needed, I rummaged through my cedar chest and fished out my hoard of Joy 100% merino from White Lies Designs. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love this yarn. It's soft, knits up like a dream and the shell pink is very subtly variegated. See?Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So yes, while other members of my family were working on our curb appeal, I was casting on for Joan McGowan Michael's Basic Camisole, my second project from her wonderful Knitting Lingerie Style. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's a simple v-neck cami in a rib stitch. A knitted lace collar in a contrasting color completes the neckline.

It hardly seems fair, me knitting and them working, does it? Believe me, those others have the better deal. I'm in charge of clearing out the Augean stables, otherwise known as our basement.

No comments: