Sunday, August 19, 2007

First, The Good News

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love this One Skein Wonder, aka "Little Silk Shrug" from Lace Style by Pam Allen and Ann Budd. You're looking at just under 215 yards of Berocco Ultra Alpaca (50% alpaca, 50% wool).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This one I made for my daughter's birthday. I'm thinking this little shrug will land on many Christmas gift lists. The lace pattern is simplicity itself and easily memorized. One size fits most and because it requires only one skein worsted weight, the project is portable and an investment of under $10 and maybe 10 hours.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now the sad news. The namesake of this blog, my 7 year-old beagle, has been diagnosed with a greatly enlarged heart, probably due to an infection. I thought it was the summer heat that had her gasping for breath and refusing to go on those long walks she used to love.

She is now on three heart medications and may live a day more, a week more, a month more, a year more, a couple of years more - the veterinarian doesn't know. What he does know is that her life will be quite a bit shorter. The mercy is that Suzy the beagle doesn't know.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

teabird said...

I'm so sorry - I'm sure you'll keep her loved and comfortable for as long as she has -

vtwopoint5 said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear about Suzy. The not knowing when is so hard. At Katy's routine checkup they found a serious heart murmur causing an enlarged heart and we also don't know how long she will be with us.

Helen said...

Thanks for the kind words, teabird and vtwopoint5.
-Helen