Monday, August 13, 2007

Sock Length

Did you know that when you shell out extra for Priority Mail, the United States Post Office doesn't guarantee you'll get faster delivery than regular 1st Class Mail? Here's the exact wording from http://www.usps.com: "Now you can have delivery of documents and packages made in an average of 2 to 3 days."

See? Only the impression of a promise. As for the tracking number, my package wasn't scanned. I mailed the package on Monday; it arrived in Chicago on Friday. Two hundred miles. Five days.

So much for Priority Mail.

I'm expecting an important package tomorrow. It's the galleys of our book! The publisher used UPS, btw. (The book isn't about knitting. It's ethnohistory/anthropology and I'll give a heads up here when it's published this fall.)

While we're on the subject of How Long, let's talk about the length of a sock top. For women, I really like a shorter top, max. 4". A shorter sock seems jauntier, don't you think?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Soo said...

Nice to find your blog. I stumbled across it on a search for Cookie A sock patterns. Which is why I'm giggling to myself that you are now a card carrying fully certified sock knitter!

Tee Hee. I mock only because in April this year I felt exactly the same way. Socks? Why knit socks? I've now completed almost 10 pairs and see no signs of a slow down....

Great blog!