Friday, August 03, 2007

What Came in the Mail

It's my birthday yarn blowout, courtesy of my sister! Behold the lovely Jade Sapphire Special Edition lace-weight 100% cashmere in Lupine, a color-on-color variation of lilac and periwinkle.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So soft, both in color and to the touch. Two skeins, 640 yards each. This is probably destined to become a Harry Potter Knits Invisibility Stole. The two skeins came with a free addi turbo lace circular needles.

And then we have the Hand Maiden Sea Silk. Four skeins, to be exact. I wanted something to pick up the color of the ring my husband gave me for my birthday. The stone is the color of the dark ring around the pit when you cut open a ripe peach. This Sea Silk in Blackberry has the exact color and many others.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm thinking this will make a beautiful Kimono Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls.

No comments: