Friday, September 14, 2007

Beagle Update

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As you know, Suzy was diagnosed with a greatly enlarged heart. Yesterday was a bad day: no interest in the mailman or even a new Dingo. Breathing came only shallowly and rapidly. Her lungs were filling with fluid.

This post does not end the way you think. Even though Suzy is on the maximum beagle dose of Lasix, the vet gave her a double shot of the stuff. The medicine has bought her more time. I am happy to say that, as of yesterday evening, Suzy was almost her old self and the Dingo was no more.

I am also happy to say that I did not down Jelly Bellys by the fistful during the emotional rollercoaster ride that was yesterday. Instead, I took up my knitting needles - knitting is therapy knitting is therapy knitting is THERAPY !#$#%!^ - and worked on this mossy Irish lass of a scarf:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

vtwopoint5 said...

Thanks for posting an update. I'm so glad to hear she is feeling better!!