Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Invisibility Shawl - Take 3

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kerrie Allman's Invisibility Shawl jumped off the page when I first paged through Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter by Alison Hansel. At the time, my stash didn't contain just the right thing in the laceweight cashmere called for in the pattern. I fiddled around with some Seasilk in ivory. It was pretty but not diaphanous enough. Frog. I finished one Invisibility Shawl in a variegated mohair and gave it to my mother-in-law.

Who maybe has heard the name Harry Potter. Maybe.

I'm not a Potter fan, either. Rowling has imagined a complete world but dang, she's wordy. The predestined-for-glory aspect of the story doesn't do anything for me, either.

My youngest daughter does not agree. She's just about the age of Harry, Hermione, and Ron and loves them and their oddball world. The shawl will be for her Christmas. Her take is in 2-ply cashmere, whisper-weight and warm as toast.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

teabird said...

It's very beautiful! (and my favorite color...)