Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's Gonna Be Just Like A Country Song!

After some back-and-forth, this-and-that, eeny-meeny-miney-moes between the three Expressions of Love scarves from Fiddlesticks Knitting, I chose Hugs and Kisses.

What tipped the scales? A friend said, "Having a scarf with kisses and hugs on it made by mom would be like a Country song!" She was thinking of Dolly Parton's "Coat of Many Colors" more than that schlocky song about the kid who buys his dead mom shoes for Christmas.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My momma made a scarf for me
In wool of snowy white
And every stitch it carried
Kisses and hugs so tight


The events in the song would be long in the past, of course, and Momma long gone to her reward. Oh! And the singer - now grown, children of her own - is passing the scarf on to her own daughter.

I'm not writing a song but I am knitting a scarf of hugs and kisses with love in every last stitch. On her 18th birthday, I'll wrap around my baby bird about to fly the nest. My love song to my daughter.

1 comment:

vtwopoint5 said...

Such a thoughtful gift - very nice.