Monday, September 10, 2007

What I Do for Excitement on a Saturday Night

Saturday night and our daughter's movie party in the other room still had a couple of hours to run. Tom picked up a book; I rummaged through my stash, picked out a a skein and a partial skein of divino Koigu KPPPM. Color P836 is best described as "Rosy-Fingered Dawn": it's lilac and lavender; it's pink and rose.

Would I have enough for a pair of socks? Maybe. If it were a lacy pair and I abbreviated the cuff to 4" (which I like to do anyway)... maybe.

I cast on for Rob Matyska's Broadripple Socks.

A few hours later, the skein ended at this point:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'll have enough to finish a pair. Whew! The lace pattern is easily memorized (don't look at the front of the ankle area - I forgot to k every other row just there). It would be a fun, fast, kicky knit in any sock yarn. Other yarns would show off the ripple effect a lot better. But oh, Koigu yarns, you are the fairest of them all.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: