Thursday, September 27, 2007

When The Going Gets Tough ...

(say it with me now) The Tough Go Shopping!

I won't lie. My beloved beagle was dying of heart failure last week and I felt helpless and sad. So I bought a lot of yarn. The Fiddlesticks' Knitting Expressions of Love scarf kit was just the beginning. I also had a lovely time at Little Knits.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Two skeins of Fleece Maiden's 100% angora yumminess, otherwise known as Peter Rabbit. I have plans to make lacey wristwarmers from Lace Style, à la Mrs. Beeton, but more open and no beads.

We're just warming up on the shopping. Next, I surfed over to
Blue Moon Fiber Arts, home of Socks That Rock (and they do!). A thoroughly enjoyable 45 minutes of virtually fondling the wares, I chose the Cedar Creek socks pattern and one skein of Rooster Rock.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now humming with enthusiasm for my Christmas project of husband socks to commemorate this summer's travels, I stopped by PatternWorks. This arrived yesterday.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Let's survey the damage:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Two skeins Lorna's Laces in Seaside
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Two skeins Lang Jawoll Color Jacquard in #674
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One skein Tofusies ("Chitin is fiber from shrimp and crab shells! It's naturally antibacterial!" says the label)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One skein Austermann Step ("mit Aloe Vera und Jojoba öl") in 07
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Two skeins Knit One Crochet Too's Soxx Appeal

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Two skeins Patternworks' Bretton in color 400 that is as lobstery red as it gets.

Somebody bring me my smelling salts, that's a lot of yarn! But it's okay, see. It's for Christmas presents, see. All that sock yarn? Superwash. Superwash and gift knitting makes it all okay, just like drinking a Diet Coke with a package of Pepperidge Farm cookies neutralizes all the calories.

1 comment:

vtwopoint5 said...

Knitting therapy - it's good for you and it's productive. You have lots of nice yarn and I love the colors in the Seaside.