Friday, October 05, 2007

My Garden, Early October

The apples are ready for picking. Whatever falls to the ground automatically belongs to a guy who bikes around with his bucket. He gives the fallen apples to his horse.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Even though the big maple out front is still green, there's still plenty of raking to be done. We typically have 70 or so bags of leaves, all of which go to a farmer who uses them for bedding for cows.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I wonder who lives here. Did you know that chipmunks are carnivores?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A squirrel is on the other side of this tree, waiting for me to leave. When I do, I notice the empty acorn caps crunching under my footfall.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: