Monday, October 15, 2007

What to Knit When Babysitting Beagle Puppies

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Molly and Jack, the 7 week-old beagles, are settling in nicely. All day long, they play hard, conk out, play hard, conk out.

Just as it should be.

It being the holiday season, I have several projects on the needles. This is the one I do when the puppies are awake. It's a simple scarf in drop-stitch lace.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

How often is it that your potpourri matches what's on the needles?

Rows 1 to 4: Knit
Row 5: K 00 (wind yarn twice around the needle)
Row 6: K, letting extra loop drop

Simple is the key word here. If I have to drop it on the table, knitting needles clattering, to chase after a couple of puppies, there's no problem. I can easily pick it up and knit with one eye cocked on the puppy horizon.

The yarn is Tilli Thomas Rock Star. What a stunner it is. I played around with different patterns, even trying plain old stockinette (too heavy, plus I only have 200 yards). The simplicity of the drop-stitch lace suits the variegated silk and it's not heavy, don't you think?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Paul Hafalla said...

I enjoyed reading your blog post. It has been a few weeks now since I am babysitting my Boo.