Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What to Knit While Puppies Sleep

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Molly and Jack, après romp.

Here's Exhibit A, my take on Elliphantom's
Squirrelly Swedish Mittens.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
One left mitten - tall pines at the bottom, two squirrels, lots of snowflakes, one big snowflake.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Even taller pines and even more snowflakes.

Besides fiddeling with the motifs, I knit the mitten on #3 needles in worsted weight (Galway Highland Heath for the main color and plain ol' Galway for the pattern color). I cast on 52 stitches and made the cuff 2.5" long.

Squirrels, tall pines, and snowflakes - could be my neighborhood here in Wisconsin. What's missing? Deer and birds. If I can find the appropriate designs, one or the other will go on the right mitten.

1 comment:

vtwopoint5 said...

Sweet sweet puppies! Oh, and nice mittens too :)