Friday, November 23, 2007

Gentleman Socks

I did get up at 4 a.m. this morning but not to shop with the throngs on "Black Friday", the biggest shopping day of the year in the U.S.

I got up to let our two beagle puppies outside. As looney toons as this sounds, I don't mind waking up that early. In fact, very early is my favorite time of day.

Besides, who can resist a face like this?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is Jack snuggling the Alpha Male after dinner yesterday.

Or how about this face?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is Molly and a friend.

I'd much rather hang out with Jack and Molly than stand in line at BestBuy.

Yesterday after Thanksgiving dinner, I settled in to begin Gentleman Socks.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What a fun knit! I learned the Right Twist, achieved by k2tog without slipping the stitches off the left needle, then knitting the first stitch on the left and sliding off both. It looks really nice in Socks That Rock "Rooster Rock". Very quickly, the pattern becomes second nature.

This pair will be Christmas socks for Tom. He keeps saying things like, "You know, I really like those socks you knitted for me. So comfortable. Do you think I could get another pair?"

I think he could get several pair, that's what I think.

2 comments:

Betty said...

What a neat rib pattern for the socks!

The puppies are growing so fast. Is one of them dominant? My guess would be Jack from the look in his eyes :)

Helen said...

Molly is the dominant one, at least for now. She is larger than her brother. They're both plenty sassy!