Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Dishwasher-less Thanksgiving

Remember this, the result of two beagle puppies, a low table, and my carelessness about where I lay down a knitting project?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I unsnarled the Lang Jawoll Color JAcquard Superwash and finished the socks. Here they be:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The second I lay the socks down to photograph them, Nala the cat appeared.

And now my tale of woe: we have a brand new Maytag dishwasher, bought mostly with our share of a class-action suit against the Maytag Neptune washing machine. According to the terms of the settlement, the money had to be spent on another Maytag appliance. Our previous Maytag dishwasher quit after six years of normal use but hey, an almost-free dishwasher is an almost-free dishwasher.

The thing quit on October 31, three weeks ago. We have been waaiiiiiiiting for the parts. They came in and our dishwasher was to be fixed today.

Except. 7 a.m., the phone rings. The repairguy's wife had a baby last night.

How dare she! I mean, Congratulations and welcome to the spinning world little baby.

The repairguy can come Friday. I'll tell you one thing: we are so going out for dinner tonight. Tomorrow is another day, fiddle dee dee.

No comments: