Monday, December 03, 2007

Drifting Blossoms in Cashmere

Several months ago, I was working on this Invisibility Shawl. Jade Sapphire 100% Mongolian Cashmere, baby.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I continued to work on it off and on and stored it in a big wooden Amish chest. The last time I put it in the chest, a small corner of it must have been left poking out. Enter two curious beagle puppies.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They pulled and they tugged and they liberated that stole. The result was too tragic to photograph for you. I could frog some of it. The rest went right into the trash.

This is the second When Worlds Collide: Puppies v. Knitting incident. Both were my fault. But no worries, it gave me the excuse to bag the Invisiblity Shawl, of which I had become a little tired. It's a nice, mindless pattern but this was my second one. Basta!

And on to the phoenix rising from the ashes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Those are not moth holes or puppy holes! Those are cherry blossoms beginning to drift in the breeze. The holes will become more and more dense until there is a blossom frenzy. The design is Hanami by Melanie Gibbons. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am only knitting the cherry blossom section of the stole because that is what interests me. I'm making a scarf, not a stole - primarily because this is a trial run for the Jade Sapphire laceweight cashmere. If I do make a stole, it will be light pink, like cherry blossoms are. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Betty said...

I was coveting your snow until I woke up this morning!

Sorry to hear about the Cashmere. The puppies look sorry :)