Friday, December 21, 2007

Filigree Cardigan

Photobucket


Everything for Christmas is done but the baking of cookies and the wrapping of presents. With the cookies, I have promoted my daughters to Chief Cookie Bakers and demoted myself to knitting in another room.

As for the present wrapping ... ugh. Hate it. Loathe it. In an effort to avoid it, I even sprang for fancy store wrapping this year - $5 a pop at Sundance and $7 at Neiman Marcus. The NM boxes come with chartreuse satin ribbon and a little enameled frame as a package ornament. Note to self: they start giving away the free gift wrapping in early December. Next year, wait to shop until then.

Since my Christmas knitting is done, I cast on last night for
Photobucket

Filigree Lace Jacket from White Lies Designs. I bought the kit. It's the first knitting kit I've ever purchased and comes with plenty of skeins of Cascade Yarns Sierra (80% pima cotton, 20% merino wool). The combination of the #9 needles and the yarn give a rustic feel. That will make the resulting lacey cardigan that much less fussy and that much more wearable.

No comments: