Friday, December 07, 2007

Lace Knitting, Take Me Away!

Remember the old "Calgon, take me away!" commercials?

Yesterday was difficult. The calming, meditative aspect of knitting came to the rescue. I managed a couple of pattern repeats on my active lace project.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is Juliet Scarf from Louisa Harding's Knitting Little Luxuries. The yarn is Fleece Artist's Peter Rabbit in a raspberry pink. It's a quirky little pattern that knits up quickly on #8s.

My inactive lace project is a Kimono Shawl in Sea Silk, blackberry colorway.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I absolutely love this - love the pattern, love the fiber, love the colors - but shoved it aside for Christmas knitting. It's almost time to pick it up again.

As predicted, the beagle puppies are having a much better day today. It has warmed to 20 degrees with some new snow. That's warm enough to romp outside, then come in, warm up, and snooze.

I promise you: I'm putting these projects waaaay up high and training the puppies not to climb.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Betty said...

The Kimono Shawl is going to be gorgeous! I'm impressed that you can knit lace for calming down. I still need to be calm before working with lace.