Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Stash Flash, Subsection: Sock Yarns

In September, I indulged in retail therapy, yarn-style. Somehow, buying a lot of sock yarn was going to make me feel better about the illness and death of this blog's namesake, Suzy the beagle.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Since then, I have been knitting away at the sock yarn, putting together a Christmas present of socks, socks, socks for Tom. Of the original grief purchase, only the navy Soxx Appeal and the variegated greens Austerman Step remain. The three Socks That Rock and the variegated blues Regia Bamboo are recent additions.

As a recent convert to sock knitting, I have limited experience with sock yarns. So far, Socks That Rock lightweight is my favorite. If I won the lottery, I'd stock up on sunscreen, sit on a tropical beach in red bouffant hair and an evening dress, and knit up STR lightweight in every color.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Since I haven't won the lottery, I'll content myself with trying out as many colors of STR as possible. To that end, meet Korppi ...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's eggplant and pine overdyed with black, making charcoal with flecks of purple and dark green. It would be a nice choice both for someone conservative and a goth. How often does that happen?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sock Bug's River Rapids Socks. Don't let the 16-row lace pattern throw you. Ten of those rows are *p1, k6, p1, repeat.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: