Monday, January 07, 2008

Half and Half and Half

Half a pair of Cedar Creek socks, Socks That Rock lightweight, colorway Algae.

Photobucket

Lizard-liciousness not for the faint of heart, sartorially speaking. The second sock is on the needles.

Half a pair of Bird in Hand mittens, anonymous worsted from my stash on #3 dpns.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Do you know how difficult it was to find clean snow for a background? Without clambering over the mound lining either side of the driveway, that is. The most fun part of this pattern is a bird on the thumb. The flash of yellow is its embroidered beak and legs. I'm not sure I'm keeping the yellow. They may change to blue.

Since I cast on for this mitten during the television coverage of the Iowa caucuses, I'll wait to cast on for the second mitten during New Hampshire's turn tomorrow night.

Half a pair of beagles, searching through their toy box. That's Jack.
Photobucket

No comments: