Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

Knit Lit's meme: Best of 2007

1. your best FO of the year

Photobucket
Joan McGowan-Michael's Shaped Lace Tee, knit in White Lies Designs' Joy, colorway Antique Pink.

2. best FO of the year made by a blog you link to

For technical prowess: Lace Freak's Legend of the Shetland Seas.

For design prowess: Bonnie Marie's Beryl

3. best yarn you tried

Seasilk. Like Chanel No. 5, it is not a luxury but a necessity.

4. best new book/mag/pattern of 2007

Bonnie Marie's Beryl, as in #2. It's fresh but on-trend and very versatile.

5. best new knitting technique or gadget you tried in 2007

Socks - and I swore I'd never, ever knit them. Now ... I've knit so many this year that I can do it on autopilot.

6. top 5 inspirations--what five things inspired you the most over the past year?

1. The blogs in my sidebar - thank you for all the tips, tricks, ufos, fos, stories, and observations. I may not leave a comment but I do read faithfully. You're an important part of my day.

2. ravelry.com - an awesome resource and community

3. The fabulous color artistry of Noro Kureyon and Socks That Rock brightens many a gray day.

4. littleknits.com has an interesting and affordable selection of yarns.

5. It's okay to frog a project that's not right for you. Who knew?!

7. designer who most amazed & inspired you throughout the year

I obviously like Bonnie Marie's esthetic a lot. Another favorite is Habu.

8. knitting resolutions for 2008--what's next for you and your blog?

2008 is my year of lace because of a new membership in a lace knitting club. It is also my year of colorful socks because I owe my husband one new pair per month for the entire year.

No comments: