Monday, February 11, 2008

Hedera?


My all-time favorite sock pattern is Thuja. This pair is in Socks in Socks That Rock Lightweight, Scottish Highlands colorway. Pair umpteenth in a series of husband socks.

Finishing the Thujas, I was simultaneously wrassling with another ball of Socks That Rock Lightweight, Tanzanite colorway this time. It's variegated but not stridently so. I cast on for Monkey socks, partly to see what everyone is raving about. I knit several repeats; it was fun but the colorway fought the pattern.

Frogged it.

I cast on for Nancy Bush's Conwy, with its baby cables, knit several repeats; the yarn didn't showcase the pattern.

Frogged it.

An anti-Thuja is what I wanted - something for me, something airy and pretty.

What do you think of Hedera? (Click on the photo and it will enlarge. It is not in good focus but is the best I'm capable of at 7 a.m.)

Yes, that is a paw in the bottom right of the photo. It belongs to the cat con fuego, the Terror of Tijuana, none other than Nala.


If you have an opinion on Hedera with this yarn, I'd be glad to hear it.

No comments: