Sunday, January 25, 2009

Floral Lace Anklets


DANGEROUS WINDCHILL, screamed the weather warning - all caps - on my Blackberry. WEAR HAT AND GLOVES. AT THESE TEMPS, FROSTBITE CAN OCCUR IN AS LITTLE AS 20 MIN. STAY INSIDE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

Okay, I said to the Blackberry, I'll stay inside and knit.

But first I had to venture out - hat? check! gloves? check! - to buy a replacement set of #1 dpns. The heavier Opal sock yarn had splintered one of them. That done, I finished the Evelyn Clark's Floral Lace Anklets from Lace Style.

The lace is a silk-purse-from-sow's-ear pattern: simple as simple can be, with five of eight rows a k1 p1 rib. Simple as that is, I never did memorize the pattern. Thanks to my younger daughter for modeling the socks. She's the spitting image of my sister at that age. Coincidentally, the socks are for my sister. Edie, if you're reading this, get your feet ready for some handknit lace.


Poor Jack the beagle, how he suffers in this c-c-c-cold! He feels the bonds of his indoors confinement. How to pass the time?

1 comment:

Walden said...

Poor little Jack. The socks look lovely!