Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Vernal Equinox Shawl

Woe is me.

On the scale of problems, this is thistle-down. It is nothing. I am not losing my house or my job. I am not going hungry. No one is going to die. Still, I admit I shed tears over this one.

I had plans to go to Minneapolis this weekend to attend the opening of the Bohus Stickning exhibit at the American Swedish Institute. Even bettah, I had a place in one of Susannah Hansson's seminars.


I can't go. My little weekend would come in at about $300.For a lot of us, money is very tight right now. My family is no exception. So, in the interest of the family budget, I have cancelled my plans.

Enter Lankakomero's Vernal Equinox Mystery Shawl KAL. I dried my eyes, joined Tom by the television to watch President Obama's inauguration, and cast on with some gray alpaca I bought on vacation on Prince Edward Island a couple of years ago. Here's the result of Clue 1:


By the way, didn't Reverend Lowry's benediction rock your socks? "Let all those who do justice and love mercy say 'Amen!'"

1 comment:

Monika said...

I love the yarn you are using!