Sunday, February 08, 2009

Lilac Leaf Shawl - Part I


From now on, a daytrip to Madison means a stop at Lakeside Fibers. Tom and I started our visit to the shop with lattes and a cranberry craisin scone in the café attached to the shop. It's a room with a floor-to-ceiling view of the lake. Seated at the tables around us, groups of knitters and crocheters were busy talking and doing. I left Tom chatting with a new acquaintance about the neighborhood.

The shop itself is beautiful. A good half-hour whizzed by as I wandered, admiring the merino, the alpaca, the silk, the hand-dyed. I ended up with two skeins of Jojoland Harmony, a laceweight merino, in an almost iridescent lavender. It will be more than enough for Nancy Bush's Estonian Lilac Leaf Shawl. I knit the first 15 rows last night. Here's a closeup ...

No comments: