Sunday, April 05, 2009

Stash Enhancement

Photobucket

A quick trip to an anthropology conference at the University of Illinois - Champaign-Urbana, took us from snow on pine trees to rain on magnolia blossoms. After Tom and I gave our talk, we went for tea and flourless chocolate cake and a quick tour around a lovely, friendly local yarn shop, Klose Knit.

In honor of the magnolia blossoms, I stayed with pinks and purples. I picked up two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Pale Pink, which is more of a medium candy pink.
It's a pretty color and a quality sock yarn that holds up better than almost all of 'em.

For a rare treat: ArtYarns Beaded Rhapsody (85% silk with glass beads, 15% mohair and metallic). How about a closeup to see the beads?

At 175 yards, there's juuuuust enough for a short scarf. Actually, I'm thinking of maybe a smoke ring, like Anne Hanson's Spiraluscious. I love her patterns, don't you? I think this particular one will do justice to the yarn, and vice versa.

No comments: