Sunday, June 21, 2009

Secret Knitting Revealed!



Since March, I have been spending secret time with some fingering-weight baby alpaca, a pair of Addi lace needles, and Nancy Bush's Knitted Lace of Estonia. Result: one Lilac Leaf shawl. You can click on any of the photos to get enlarged detail.

I handed the shawl to my sister - surprise! - last week.

You talk about surprises: life is full of twists and turns impossible to predict. Wife, mother, equestrienne extraordinaire - all these things I would have guessed Edie would achieve. But who would ever have thought my freckley kid sister who hated Sunday School would turn out to be a pastor and a damn (I can say that, right?) accomplished one, too.

The shawl is to help celebrate a milestone birthday. My sister is a woman of wonderful surprises. It was only fitting she be surprised.

Someone fetch me an ice tea, please. I'm feeling faint. How is it possible that I am old enough to have a kid sister who is a hawt grandma?

No comments: