Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Summer Vacation

I do have a good excuse for not blogging. I was eating my way through ... wait, you guess. Hint: we went truffle hunting with this man and this dog.

Eh oui, la France. More about that and the truffle dog in a few days when I have the photos sorted out. For now, let's look at what came in the mail while I was gone:

It's the last installment of my year's subscription to the Knit Purl Sock Club, perfectly presented, as per always. An aspect of Portland, Oregon inspires each installment. This time it's their Saturday market. Whether or not this colorway looks like an outdoor arts and crafts market held on Saturdays, whatevah. It's a lovely, soft, wearable group of colors.

The pattern is "Tessuto Sock". I'm tinkering with this one. The slipstitch pattern is nice, very nice but, to me, this sock needs ribbing. Also, phooey on the toe-up, Turkish cast-on on two circular needles. That's nonsense, meaning I'll be keeping my dpns and working top-down from a conventional cast-on, as Nature intended, the Queen God bless her, harrumph.

No comments: