Sunday, October 18, 2009

Keepin' It Scandihoovian



While waiting for the mail to bring the book on how to get the Swedish spinning wheel up and running, I thought I'd get in some knitting. Tom needed a new winter hat so I handed him my favorite collection of hat patterns, Hats on! by Charlene Schurch.

He narrowed down his favorites to three, then down to one: the Norwegian Star.

Can you believe I cast on for this Friday evening, knit through a couple of hours of Wisconsin Public Radio programming, knit a bit on Saturday afternoon and again on Saturday evening, and finished the hat on Sunday morning?

The yarn is Aussi Wool, one skein in Cherry Tomato and one in Commodore. It's "100% premium Australian wool" but the Chinese spinning job is not premium. There are occasional losely-spun clumps and even a knot, two things I do not expect in the 200-yard skein. I do love the hat pattern, though. It's clear, well-written, and has charts large enough to read with ease.

No comments: