Thursday, November 05, 2009

More Yarn! More, More, More!

Tom looked thoughtfully at his socks the other day and said, “You should get some more bamboo sock yarn. I like it the best.”

I can see why. Bamboo keeps your feet comfy year round. So, buy more yarn? Oh-kay, I can manage that.

Off I went to my favorite internet shops. I placed orders with two of them but
The Loopy Ewe wins the customer service prize, hands down. My order arrived only three days after I placed it! The owner included a handwritten thank-you for the order and a little gift of a mini-sock pattern with enough red yarn to make it up.


This one is 400 yards of 55% bamboo, 24% cotton, and 21% elastic. The Spice colorway is autumnal and happy. Doesn't it make you want to cast on right away?


Each one of these contains 328 yards. I'm thinking of something cabled, which would eat up yardage, hence the two skeins. The composition is 75% bamboo, 25% nylon.


This brand was what I used in the socks Tom referred to when he said he preferred bamboo. It's 45% bamboo (bambus auf deutsch, 40% superwash wool, and 15% polyamid, 200 meters per skein.

No comments: