Monday, January 18, 2010

Unintended Knitting


When I started on Sivia Harding's long crescent-shaped shawlette Heart to Heart with the correct lace-weight yarn and the little silver-lined crystal round 8/0 beads, my lace-knitting mojo abandoned me. Pretty soon, that beautiful lace-weight yarn began to look tatty from all the knitting and unknitting.

So I cast on with a stronger DK-weight yarn, Malabrigo Silky Merino (51% silk, 49% merino). I kept the #3 needles only because they've got really sharp points on 'em, which is terrific for knitting lace.


The thing was, I liked the way the Heart to Heart was looking in that thicker yarn on needles smaller than you'd normally use. See how texturelicious the garter stitch part is?

And how about that edging, eh? You can really see why it's called "Heart to Heart".

No comments: