Saturday, February 27, 2010

Vintage Baby Dress

A special baby girl will be born in the spring. Her mother seems like someone who would appreciate a vintage-styled knit. That's why this baby dress by Kristen Rengren winked at me when I flipped through the pages of Vogue Knitting, Holiday 2009.

The details: Square neck, set-in sleeves, bands of garter stitch alternating with bands of Madeira lace. The yarn is superwash merino Plymouth Happy Feet DK. The colorway is #54, a mix of sky and French blues. I knit it on #6 straights.

A French-blue velvet ribbon will be threaded through the eyelet beading at the empire waist, as soon as said French-blue velvet ribbon arrives from ... okay, before I link you, be warned that this fabulous site is also a huge time-sucking vortex. You have been warned ... M & J Trimming.

And one more link to finish today's post: Beagle Trails of Park Ridge is a photo blog of Jack the beagle I began this past week. Enjoy!

No comments: