Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chinoise Wrap

Years ago, Vanity Fair magazine quoted some tastemaker or other as saying, "I thirst for orange!". Well, orange seems to be having a Moment once again. It's a time-suck vortex but have a look at the Trady-Twist fashion and color forecast.

So, when I saw Kimmet Croft Fibers Softie Lite in the Rust colorway at my LYS, I bought four skeins. It's a fingering-weight mix of merino and angora. I had in mind Susan Pandorf's Chinoise Wrap. In fact, I've been obsessing on this pattern since it was released. I must really like Chinese lanterns. For years, Sarah James' Chinese Lantern sweater has been among my very favorites.



The Chinoise Wrap lace is about an 8 out of 10 on the difficulty scale. Every row is lace, with no plain knit rows. Don't you love the slight halo of the angora?

1 comment:

RuthieAnn said...

What a beautiful color! The pattern is lovely too.