Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Go-To Knitting Books





The workhorses of my knitting library are Knitting on the Road: Sock Patterns for the Traveling Knitter and Knitted Lace of Estonia: Techniques, Patterns and Traditions, both by Nancy Bush. From each book, I've knit about 1/3 of the patterns, some of them multiple times.

It's not that I have a plan to knit these books from start to finish, although I might actually accomplish that with the sock book one day. 

In fact, I've got another pattern to check off the sock book to-do list. It's called Denmark because the design comes from Viking art the author saw in the National Museum in Copenhagen.  Click on the photo to see detail. 

They are summer mansocks knit in Panda Cotton (59% bamboo, 25%  cotton, 16% elastic nylon). 


And while I was taking this photo, it occurred to me that beagle action has been too scarce on this blog.  Heeeeeere's Jack!

No comments: