Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fresh Bread and Fresh Yarn


Tom and I took a break from writing to make the 10-minute drive to Amherst, pop. 1052.  My first stop is always Wisconsin Wool Exchange.  It's a little store that proves size doesn't matter, it's what you do with it.  Today they were chockablock with all kinds of yarny goodness:  wheels of Icelandic unspun, handpainted sock yarn, handspun local alpaca, handmade glass buttons ...

The wall o' Kimmet Croft always blows my mind with its beauty.  I'm becoming a Kimmet Croft collector without realizing it.  Here are my two beautiful colors for today.  Both are worsted weight.


Kimmet Croft Luscious Lamb (100% merino lambswool, 230 yards) in Blue Sky
 and Comfort Plus (100% fine wool) in Shamrock Green

And what was Tom doing while I fondled yarn?  He was down the street at the newly-reopened bakery buying some of the best bread you'll ever eat.

No comments: