Friday, October 15, 2010

One - No, Two - Quick Knits

You have seen 60 Quick Knits?  It's got patterns of varying difficulty for 20 hats, 20 scarves, and 20 mittens, all for worsted-weight yarn.  A book like this can come in handy at this time of the year *cough* holidayknitting *cough*




Sixty patterns this book may have but I bought the book for only one.  The Birdcage Mittens by Elli Stubenrauch called to me.





  










My version is made from Peaceable Acres worsted and Aussi Yarn, both from the stash.  I have a hate-hate relationship with that Aussi Yarn. That Aussi stuff  is splitty and it's knotted to make the yardage and it's a little rough.   If someone offered me my weight in Aussi Yarn, I'd turn them down.

Okay, first I'd try bargaining before I turned down the gift.  I'd try for half my weight in Noro Kureyon.  One-quarter in Koigu KPPM?

So, mittens made, I had just the person to give them to.  My younger daughter is making a flying visit home from college for Fall break.  And so I thumbed through the 60 Quick Knits and I made her a hat.

Garter-Ridged Hat and Birdcage Mittens





No comments: