Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Harald

Harald Mittens, pattern by Elsebeth Lavold, wool by Brown Sheep Lanaloft Worsted, knitting triumph by me
I've been breathlessly reading blogs about the Vogue Knitting confab in NYC this past weekend.  Wouldn't it be fun to fly into NYC, stay in the conference hotel, take classes, meet famous designers and bloggers, and stroll past the yarn vendors saying I'll take this, this, and some of this?  On the other hand, think how much Koigu KPPPM the $2,000 or so it would cost to attend could buy!

It would have been fun, though.  Thanks especially to Anne Hanson's blog for all the vicarious food photos - not only did I save money by not going, I saved calories!

No, instead of rubbing elbows with the knitting stars and buying dizzying amounts of yarn, I knit away on the Prairie Rose Shawl.  It'll be ready for viewing in a few days.  In the meantime, let's celebrate staying home, knitting down the stash, being  finally able to decipher an Elsebeth Lavold chart, and National Knit Mittens Month with my Haralds, Viking-inspired cuffs and all.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Love the cuffs x 10000