Saturday, January 01, 2011

January is NaKniMitMo

That's National Knit Mittens Month and I've got plans.  Big plans.

Waving Lace Socks in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Solid
But first, let's talk socks..  These came off the needles last night.  They're for my younger daughter.  She heads back to college in only two days.

As for NaKniMitMo, I'm joining others on ravelry.com and planning on 11 pairs of mittens or gloves in 2011.  Living in Wisconsin as I do, it won’t be difficult to find a use for 11 pairs of mittens. Probably they’ll be gifts for family.

I plan to try different techniques.  Baltic mittens - how’s that for a theme? I can do Elsebeth Lavold’s Viking knits, Bohus colorwork, selbuvotter, and Latvian colorwork and it all stays in that theme.


I'm also knitting my way through Cookie A's Knit. Sock. Love.  


There will be a lot to show you this year.




No comments: