|Hof off the needles are these Mona Socks, pattern by Cookie A., yarn by S.R. Kertzer On Your Toes Bamboo|
Your mileage may vary but ...
1. I never do a gauge swatch for socks. For men's socks, a set of #2 dpns and 60ish stitches and we're good to go. For women, the same but a set of #1s. Socks are usually stretchy.
2. A sock yarn with bamboo in it is best. I like Boofly Sock (60% merino, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon) the best to work with, to wear, and to wash. It's dreamy.
3. I've yet to suffer from SSS or Second Sock Syndrome.
"Second Sock Syndrome. This is an affliction that prevents the victim from knitting the second sock of a pair." - Common Abreviations and Phrases Found in Sockknitters Mailing List4. There are sock patterns I had to slog through. The iconic and widely-beloved Monkey left me stone cold.
5. I'm impervious to the charms of magic loop,
knitting two socks at a time,
and afterthought heels which really seem like a solution without a problem. Hello, it's a sock and you forgot to knit a heel???
That afterthought heel baffles me..
6. I'm enjoying the Knit. Sock. Love. KAL on ravelry.com. We have a choice of two for each month with the option to knit only one or both, however you like. So far, I've knit one a month. The Mona Sock at the top of this entry is April's sock.
6. I like color pooling. The boldness and surprise are part of the fun.
7. My all-time favorite sock pattern is Cascade Locks.