Monday, September 26, 2011

By Request




So, we’re at Lakeside Fibers in Madison and Thomasina sees an Inspira Cowl in Koigu KPPM. “Can you make me one?” she asks.
It really was a beautiful object.  Of course, I was excited to get my hands on enough Koigu to make the cowl.  Instead, Thomasina chose Malabrigo Silky Merino in the Teal Feather colorway and Pagewood Farm Alyeska in Misty.
Hmmmm, I thought. About that lighter Alyeska colorway, should there maybe be more color action?  No, Thomasina assured me.  Those were the two yarns she wanted for her cowl.
I love the way it turned out. Very clean and nordic to my eyes.
There was even enough of the teal Malabrigo for a little something extra.  See it poking out of the coat pocket?
It's a slouchy Scallop Lace Hat.  Talk about a lightning-fast knit!  I started and finished it during a Friday-evening mini-marathon of American Restoration.  Great show for those of us who enjoy working with our hands.

2 comments:

Thomasina said...

I can't wait to wear these! Awesome surprise :)

cleoj386 said...

Pretty!