Monday, September 05, 2011

Camp Loopy

I used to believe that
Button from Gumperina Goes to Local Yarn Shops and Home Depot

I had never made a sweater that: a) fit and b) looked as good as the time and money I invested in making it.  Then I made

Indigo by Tonia Barry in Cascade 220, Colorway:  Beagle Brown  (okay, Pumpkin Spice)
It's my third and final project for this summer's Camp Loopy.  What's Camp Loopy?  It was a three-project challenge from the The Loopy Ewe, everyone's favorite online yarn store.  The month of June's challenge  was a two-color shawl, scarf, or poncho.
Furrows Shawl in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock
July's Challenge 2  was socks or mittens with cables.  I knit 
Cozy Cable Socks in Cascade Yarns Heritage Sock
August's Challenge 3 was any kind of project using 800 or more yards. I decided to push myself and make a cardigan requiring a little less than twice the minimum.   

Front edge detail.  The i-cord bind-off was new to me on this project.

As you can guess, the Viking-inspired cables were incredibly fun.  They wind around the front edge and up the forearm of the sleeves.

The whole Camp Loopy experience was incredibly fun.  It was fun to see the way hundreds of other "campers" handled the three challenges.  It was fun to get help from Tom with color choices.  It was fun to get help from one of my fashion consultants, a.k.a. our daughter Thomasina, on the choice of cardigan pattern.

See you next summer, Camp Loopy!

 


1 comment:

Thomasina said...

Looks great! Awesome color to celebrate National Pumpkin Spice Day.