Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall Color

Look what the mailman brought this morning!

It's from the Loopy Ewe.  Everyone who completed all three Camp Loopy projects on time receives a free pattern and  skein of ... ready? ...


This is my skein.  Yes, that's the rare, elusive, and highly-coveted Wollmeise  The colorway is subtly variegated cobalt blue. You can supersize any of the photos by clicking on them. I don't know if the Wollmeise will become a pair of Argylers, the pattern that arrived with this yarn.  I expect to have a lovely time deciding.


After all, how many pairs of mittens can one person really use?  I am in the middle of Hilja's Mittens from Folk Knitting in Estonia by Nancy Bush.  

Good job on that thumb, eh?  
The yarn is Vuorelma Satakieli frogged from a Latvian mitten project I decided I didn't like enough relative to the amount of work going into it.  I'm finding this project a lot more fun.




1 comment:

Thomasina said...

cool mittens! i love the colors